Business Development Manager スイス企業 ビジネスディベロップメントマネージャー
Founded in 2007, the group specializes in the design of innovative systems that
integrate perfectly into any automation machine to optimize its flexibility, speed and
The company, headquartered in Switzerland with subsidiaries in the US, Germany,
Singapore and Japan, is a market and technology leader in the flexible part feeder market. Its
products are being used globally in assembly lines, facilitating process automation for a variety of
Japanese subsidiary was founded in 2020 and the focus is on selling the products to customers who need to automate or update their pick and place production systems. The products can be used smoothly with robots of most of the actual manufacturers such as Fanuc, Denso Wave, Epson, Mitsubishi, Yaskawa, etc.
The Business Development Manager Japan will have a key role in the high potential Japanese market.
Key Duties/Main Tasks
His/her area of responsibility will cover a broad spectrum including the following key areas:
1. Relationship management and customer acquisition by developing relationships with multiple personas responsible for assembly automation across all products.
2. Develop an ambitious market development strategy and business plan for the Japanese market.
3. Presenting solutions and services to potential customers on site.
4. Generating leads and "Hands-on" management of key accounts.
5. Develop and implement local product portfolio strategies for the Group's global solutions.
6. Planning and implementing marketing measures in co-operation with the marketing department in Switzerland.
7. Conducting of technical and commercial negotiations of new contracts and extensions of existing contracts.
8. Support of distributors and partners and participating in industry events and fairs.
9. Close cooperation with product management for targeted improvement of products.
Qualification, Skills, and Competencies
1. Proven experience as a Business Development Manager ideally in the field of robotics and/or automation.
2. Ideally a good understanding of the robotics and automation industry.
3. Flexible and highly motivated sales personality who is able to understand the company's unique sales points and solutions and who will be able to explain these sales points to Japanese customers.
4. The Business Development Manager Japan must be an excellent solution focused, creative communicator who can impress potential customers with his personal approach and sales skills.
5. Native Japanese speaker fluent in English, French a plus.
6. A minimum of 3 years of experience in working in the robotics and automation market, preferably in feeding systems or similar applications.
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills and a sales-driven personality.
8. Excellent listening skills, creative and solution oriented.
9. Passionate, enthusiastic, and able to work in a team environment.
10. High customer-orientation and business acumen.
11. Autonomous, proactive problem solver motivated by bottom line results and challenges.
12. Excellent communicator with good project management skills.
The candidate should be a "hands on" person with a "can do" attitude, comfortable with working towards targets and objectives and with operation in the Japanese and international business environment.
The Business Development Manager Japan will have the opportunity to be promoted to Managing Director Japan after an initial and successful period of 1 - 2 years.
- Business Development Manager
- Yokohama and partially Home Office if needed
- 10 - 12m