Finance Manager 財務会計 ファイナンスマネージャー
The company is a manufacturer of electronic and electromechanical components for the electronics industry. They have about 8300 employees worldwide and generated global sales of Euro 848 million in 2018. Their product range covers EMC Components, Inductors, RF Inductors and LTCC Components, Transformers, Components for Circuit Protection, Power Modules, LEDs, Connectors, Switches, Power Elements in Press-fit Technology and Assembly Technique. The company is one of Europe's largest manufacturer of passive components.
The Purpose of the Position and Key Duties include the following:
1. Ensure efficient financial and logistical systems, policies and processes compliant with legal requirements and group internal policies.
2. Prepare monthly reporting package and year-end forecasting and provide analysis and recommendations to local management and headquarters.
3. Prepare annual financial statements (local GAAP and group accounting (IFRS standards) and liaise with external auditors.
4. Lead the annual budgeting process and prepare business plan and business review templates.
5. Oversee cash management function and maintain cash forecast.
6. Ensure correct reporting and payment of taxes and duties (including VAT and other specific and local legal aspects).
7. Ensure correct payroll processing.
8. Oversee all insurance matters.
9. All incoming tasks in the accounts payable and receivable area.
10. Responsibility for tax reports and tax matters like transfer prices.
11. Responsibility for reports & analysis.
12. Management of the planning for the company.
13. Controlling tasks.
14. Contact person for insurance (agencies).
15. Co-operation with financial auditor.
Qualifications and Skills
The company is looking for a Finance Manager ideally with a bachelor's Degree in finance or related majors, to form a bridge between the German parent company and the subsidiary in Japan.
1. Proper use of the rules of international accounting and reporting such as IFRS and J-GAAP.
2. Accounting, Budgeting & P/L experience, including solid accounting, forecasting and control and management reporting.
3. Good IT skills and understanding, solid SAP FI/CO knowledge.
4. Experienced in international working environments.
5. Multilingual, fluency in English and Japanese language, German would be an advantage.
6. Excellent analytical skills.
7. Strong communication skills - Knowledge of the different mentalities (HQ-JP).
This position requires a minimum of 5 years finance experience in Japan as well as a longer-term commitment to the company. The Finance Manager reports to the Country Manager Japan of the company as well as to the Finance Director at German headquarters in all functional matters regarding accounting and reporting policy.
Occasionally within Japan and once or twice a year overseas. Trainings in Germany at the headquarters.
- Finance manager
- JPY 7 - 10 m