Manager Controlling | HR-Administration | Insurances
Established in 1962, the German Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan (AHK Japan) is the key institution of Germany's foreign trade promotion in Japan, representing the interests of German business in Japan. Co-funded by the Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), the AHK Japan promotes bilateral economic relations between Germany and Japan.
Digitalization requires modern tools in finance and administration. The German Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan is therefore looking for an open minded and innovative thinking finance professional with a strong understanding for efficient and automated processes including new software solutions. Tasks include being a sparring partner and advising on the best path of growth for the business by providing transparency and decision support to the management team.
Qualifications and Requirements
The German Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan is looking for a Finance Manager ideally with a bachelor's degree in Finance and Administration or related majors, who would like to play a major role in the organization for all financial aspects. The Finance and Accounting Department is jointly coordinated by the Manager Controlling|HR-Administration|Insurance and the Manager Accounting|Treasury|Corporate Tax. They are each other's substitute. Reporting line is directly to the CEO.
The Purpose of the Position and Key Duties include the following:
1. Responsible for the development and implementation of the IT-infrastructure regarding finance and accounting functions in alignment with organisational directions and policies.
2. Lead the annual budgeting process, prepare business plan and business review templates, support of the yearly investment planning, cost calculations.
3. Continuous monitoring and monthly reporting of financial development to Management; initiate and follow-up of counter measures if required; prepare financial status for board meetings and report to key partners in Berlin support the preparation of annual financial statements.
4. Develop and lead payroll processing, social insurance, income tax, local tax, yearend adjustment and contact to relevant authorities, HR administration.
5. Responsible for all insurance matters.
6. Perform internal training of staff as required.
Qualifications and Skills
1. Accounting, Budgeting & P/L experience, forecasting and control and management reporting.
2. Good IT skills and understanding of financial processes, solid accounting software knowledge.
3. Experienced in international working environments.
4. Proven intercultural skills with experience with both Japanese and the German business culture and mentality.
5. Multilingual, fluency in English and Japanese language, German would be an advantage.
6. Excellent analytical skills coupled with bargaining power, leadership skills and assertiveness.
7. Good sense of empathy.
8. Strong communication skills - Knowledge of the different mentalities.
The candidate should be a "hands on" person, comfortable with working towards targets and objectives and with operation in the Japanese and international business environment. This position requires a minimum of 5 years finance experience in Japan as well as a longer-term commitment to the organization. The Finance Manager reports to the CEO and Delegate of German Industry and Commerce in Japan.
- Manager Controlling|HR-Administration|Insurances
- JPY 6 - 8 m