APQP - Customer Quality Engineer Automotive Division
The company which is a mid-size global company based in Switzerland, is the market leader in providing innovative and high quality solutions for measuring electrical parameters. Its core products - current and voltage transducers - are used in a broad range of applications in drives & welding, renewable energies & power supplies, traction, high precision, conventional and green cars businesses. With its regional sales offices close to its customers' locations, the company offers a seamless service around the globe.
The 100 % owned Japan subsidiary based in Tokyo established in 1975, next to its highly successful industrial business recently entered the Automotive Market in particular in the fast growing EV segment. The Japanese subsidiary has been tasked with expansion, market share development and extended customer care. At the same time, the high-quality standards applied for their products needs to be monitored and secured in order to cope with the well-known high customer requirements in the Automotive Industry. The position of the Customer Quality Engineer of the Automotive Division will have a key role in these efforts.
His/her strong quality expertise in Electronics or Mechanical and in the Automotive Industry allows him/her to efficiently take an active part in the validation of the product in design phase and he/she will also ensure that the designing and manufacturing is done according to their standard (IATF 16949 and ISO 14001). This position reports to the QA Manager.
Key Duties/Main Tasks
His/her area of responsibility will cover a broad spectrum including the following key areas:
1. Perform risk analysis and update FMEA (Design and Process), DRBFM.
2. Animate and quote project reviews.
3. In charge of the external parts validation and documentation follow up (PPAP process criteria) à experienced.
4. Carry out expertise, 8D and analysis on customer returns.
5. Involve in the IATF Audit for R&D.
6. Customer audit (pre-production, run at rate).
7. Ensure Customer Specific Requirement are followed and fulfilled.
8. Participate in supplier and new component audit & validation and manage Quality Supplier Notifications.
9. Approve development output data (Tests reports, drawings, control plan ....).
10. Leads customer returns communication in case of any Incidents.
11. Manage answering lead time (8D).
12. Ensure and verify deployment and robustness of corrective action plan.
13. Initiate capitalization of lesson learned.
1. Technical competencies (Mechanics/Electronics).
2. Good knowledge in the field of high-volume mass production is an asset.
3. Extensive knowledge of APQP and Quality Systems like ISO 9001, ISO 14001, IATF16949.
4. Quality tool knowledge (FMEA, SPC, MSA, 8D...).
5. Continuous improvement tool knowledge (SIPOC, DOE, 6 Sigma, ...) is a plus.
6. Team worker with excellent communication skills.
7. Very strong analytics skills are mandatory.
8. High problem-solving skills, pragmatic.
9. International mind-set and intercultural experience.
10. Willingness to work with multicultural teams (EU, US, China).
1. Higher technical diploma (master's degree) or equivalent qualification in electronics or mechanical.
2. A previous experience in the engineering development is a plus.
3. Experience in quality functions, production, and R&D within the Automotive Industry.
4. Good knowledge of English (written and spoken), international experience is a plus.
- Customer Quality Engineer Automotive Division
- JPY 10 m plus incentive