Regional Sales Manager Automotive リージョナルセールスマネージャー
The company which is a mid-size global company based in Switzerland with approximately 1,500 employees worldwide and reported sales of around CHF 300 million, is the market leader in providing innovative and high quality solutions for measuring electrical parameters. Its core products - current and voltage transducers - are used in a broad range of applications in drives & welding, renewable energies & power supplies, traction, high precision, conventional and green cars businesses. With its regional sales offices close to its customers' locations, the company offers a seamless service around the globe.
The Regional Sales Manager Automotive position will have a key role in the market Automotive. The incumbent shall create, develop and maintain long-term relationships with the Engineering and Purchasing departments of automotive clients in Japan, understanding their needs in the areas of the company's electronic and mechanical expertise and identify and conquer new business opportunities. The position reports to the Global Sales and Program Manager Automotive with a dotted line to the Japan Automotive General Manager.
Key Duties/Main Tasks
His/her area of responsibility will cover a broad spectrum including the following key areas:
1. Hunt and acquire new business opportunities and growth the sales in Japan's market.
2. Be the key resource for Automotive Sales and Marketing in Japan.
3. Manage and provide strategic guidance to local Automotive sales.
4. Ensure Profitability of the business.
5. Understand Market share in Japan and their evolution.
6. Exchange with other Region for Key Account Management and global businesses.
7. Ensure the good collaboration between local R&D and customer engineering team.
8. Master catalogue and technologies of the company and be able to offer the suitable solution fitting customer's application.
9. Manage Automotive distributors of the company.
10. Understand customer applications, analyze global needs, and proactively find solutions.
11. Report regularly to his hierarchy.
1. Degree in Mechanical or Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
2. Minimum 5 to 10 years management experience of a sales team in Japan's Automotive Tier1 suppliers.
3. Team worker with excellent communication skills (English, Japanese), international mindset and intercultural experience, (experience with EU, China and US).
4. Knowledge of mechatronics and/or electronic sensors will be a plus.
5. Willing to travel frequently within Japan, and regularly to Switzerland.
6. Good judgement and business skills - Hunter profile.
7. Native Japanese speaker fluent in English, French a plus.
8. International mindset and intercultural experience.
9. Autonomous, proactive problem solver motivated by bottom line results, profitability and challenges.
10. Excellent communicator with good management skills.
The candidate should be a "hands on" person with a "can do" attitude, comfortable with working towards targets and objectives and with operation in the Japanese and international business.
- Regional Sales Manager Automotive
- JPY 10 - 13 m incl. 16 % bonus. Details can be discussed and adjusted.