Service Engineer サービスエンジニア
The main goal for the Service Engineer is to install and maintain all company machinery at their Japanese customers and also from time to time conduct training to customers at suppliers' or customers' sites.
Qualifications and Requirements
The company is looking for a technically experienced Service Engineer, ideally with appropriate education and knowledge focusing on electrical subjects (mechanical know-how would be an additional asset).
The Key Duties for the Service Engineer include the following:
1. Installation of best-in-class industrial machines imported from Europe (flexo & gravure printing machines, laminators, blown-film extrusion lines, visual inspection machines for automotive parts, etc.) and ensure installation & commissioning is conducted according to manufacturer's specifications
2. Consult with customers and suppliers' supervisors to plan & carry out installation & commissioning of equipment/machines
3. Ability to operate supplied machinery to analyse malfunctions, consult with suppliers' technical help desk by phone and/or online Internet connection and resolve the issues as required.
4. Conduct regular maintenance work of delivered machines and communicate and support the customers' factory engineers and machine operators.
5. Propose necessary maintenance work and/or spare parts supply to customers.
6. Study and review machine manuals and specifications and ensure customers also understand important points by providing training to customers, their engineers and interested parties.
7. Establish good communication within the company's sales & service team, and consult headquarters engineering team & suppliers' technical support centers to resolve machine problems in system operations and maintenance
Qualifications and Skills:
1. Ideally strong trouble-shooting skills and experience in machine maintenance, both electrical and mechanical
2. Ability to read maintenance manuals, wiring diagrams, and electrical/hydraulic/pneumatic drawings
3. Strong background of European PLCs and control systems (e.g. Siemens, Beckhoff).
4. Multilingual, fluent English mandatory
5. Industry experience as a service technician, preferably as an electrician in a semi-sized company in the packaging or automotive industries.
6. Ability to work both in a team and alone, organise service activities and capable of time management
7. Ability to work under pressure
8. Ability to operate a PC, including communication between PCs and understanding of LAN
9. Strong communication skills - Knowledge of the different mentalities (European suppliers-JP customers)
10. Assertiveness, Decisiveness, strong service mentality (focus on customer care),
11. Drivers License
1. Proactive personality
2. Hands-on approach
3. Strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
The candidate should be a 'hands on' person, comfortable with working with customer's engineers to analyze & solve machine troubles and explain/consult about the after care of the supplied machines.
This position requires a minimum of 5 years service engineering or maintenance work. He or she reports directly to the Customer Care Manager at the company.
The company, as a privately owned group of companies, is a competent, international industrial solution provider represented by more than 700 employees based at 26 offices in 19 countries, spreading from Europe across the Middle East and all over Asia. Since 1892 they have built up their expertise and established their core competence in selected markets and industries, celebrating their 125th anniversary this year.
- Service Engineer
- The preferred location is Osaka/Kansai with willingness to also operate as home office.
- The annual target compensation (base and performance based bonus) is based on qualifications and experience and around JPY 5-6 million. Details can be discussed and adjusted.
- 30 - 49 years